Message from Our PresidentGreetings from the Springdale Rotary Club! We are a group of more than 150 community-minded individuals who work together with one goal in mind: "Serve to Change Lives." Our members come from all walks of lives, professions, ages, and educational backgrounds -- whether you are a young professional, a non-profit executive, a public employee, a small business owner, or retired (or anything else), you would fit in with our group!
Springdale Rotary's two areas of focus this year are (1) Education and Literacy and (2) Combating Food Insecurity. To these ends, we actively engage our community with projects and programs designed to address these concerns.
Education and Literacy:
- We support our local educators by participating in the Chamber of Commerce Teachers Breakfast and providing door prizes for the teachers.
- In September 2021, we are distributing 375 pairs of new shoes to Springdale elementary students through a partnership with Samaritan's Feet.
- Our Literacy Project in the spring will result in the donation of three reading-level appropriate books to every single third grader in the Springdale School District.
- We donate nearly 100 books per year to the library at a local elementary school -- our current school partner is Rollins Elementary.
- We award one college scholarship and one workforce training scholarship to Springdale graduates every year.
- Springdale Rotary installed and continues to stock three free food pantries across the city.
- In December, our members will pack 600 bags of groceries and deliver them to two of our local elementary schools to go home with students who will face food insecurity over the Christmas break.
We also have a lot of fun together as Rotarians! We recently volunteered at the Springdale Police Department's National Night Out, and we're currently working on a city-wide scavenger hunt and getting ready for our big annual fundraiser, the Pig Trail Mud Run (a 5K obstacle race). These opportunities to work together, serve together, and give back together are the very heart of the Springdale Rotary Club and the reason so many of our members continue their membership year after year.
I invite you to join us for one of our weekly meetings -- most of our members gather at noon on Mondays for lunch, but we also have a group that meets at 7:30 a.m. on Thursdays for breakfast. Our meetings are at 121 N. Main St., Springdale, AR 72764. You'll find a friendly, welcoming group of business and community leaders, and I know you'll want to be a part of all the amazing things that are going on in our Club! Feel free to call me at 479-751-5222 or email me at email@example.com for more information about our projects or membership.
Yours in Rotary,
Matt Fryar is a partner with Crouch, Harwell, Fryar & Ferner, PLLC, a law firm in Downtown Springdale. He has been a member of the Springdale Rotary Club for 10 years. His wife, Cori, is a teacher with the Springdale Schools, and his daughters are both Springdale students.